http://www.vampirecounts.net/Thread-Rumour-Compilation-Vampire-Counts-New-Release-14th-Jan-[Rumour Compilation] Vampire Counts New Release: 14th Jan 2012
The Aristocracy of the Night Rises Again……….
For those who have been living under a rock, you may not know that the new Vampire Counts book is out in 14th January 2012.
It’s only days away, but I for one can’t wait! So here is a wrap of all the rumours and juicy pictures so far…..
These are posted from various sources on the internet, credit goes to the respective original authors, as well as our thanks
Book written by Phil Kelly.
Release 14th Jan 2012
All Vampire has rule called "Hunger" - You get to roll a D6 when the vampire kills one or more models in combat, on a 6 you recovers one wound. (Vlad with Blood Drinker pass the roll on 4+)
Also Vampire, including vampiric creatures "such as" Varghulf and Vargheist, can march. So Vargheist will be able to move 20" per turn almost all the time. (not sure if Varghulf can also fly)
Vampiric Powers: (not all of them, just those mentioned in WD)
Flying Horror - give the vampire ability to fly (unsure)
Dread Knight - ability to boost WS (don't know how - but a Vampire Llord with Dread Knight has WS of 9)
Quickblood - gains ASF
Master of the Black Arts - get to re-roll one D6 for the Winds of Magic.
Dark Acolyte - add D3 to the total number of models raised by Nehek.
Red Fury - should be about the same. (unsure)
- Basically a chariot mount for your Lord.
- Is a Large target with S5 T5 5W and 5+ save.
- has Spectral Steed rules (can move 8"), Undead, Vampiric, ASF (only for Handmaiden who has 2 S5 Attacks)
- has Random Attacks (2D6) at S3 from the spirit horde.
- Has Ward Save of 4+
- Battle of Wills (before the first enemy rolls to hit against the character or the Throne, both player roll a D6 and add their LD value. Has effects based on the difference of the score)
* no effect (0 or less)
* suffer -1WS/BS
* the enemy must re-roll successful To Hits
* each model in the enemy unit strike each other (only 1 attack per model)
- Has Bound Spell (lvl3) allowing the Throne (and all of its crew) to re-roll either To Hit or To Wound rolls.
SCAN OF THRONE RULES
- Is a Rare Choice
- Same stats as for the Throne (S5 T5 W5 Sv5+)
- has 2D6 attacks at S3 from the spirit horde
- Undead, Terror, Spectral Steed, and Regeneration
- can make Ghostly Howl attack.
- can take upgrade, allowing any wizards casting spell from the Lore of the Vampires to get +2 to their casting attempt. (ANY) miscast wizards rolls twice on the table and have the opponent choose the result)
- The Reliquary (at the start of your turn, roll 2D6 and add the current turn number - until the start of its next turn, all friendly Undead units within this number of range gains +1 bonus to their Regeneration, 6+ if they don't have any, to a maximum of 4+. Also, all enemy units within this range suffers D6 hits at the strength equal to the turn number.
- Also has some penalties if removed from play - by damaging every units within a random range at the strength equal to the current turn number)
SCAN OF ENGINE RULES
- New Lord choice (ie. better Necromancer)
- Banshees and Cairn Wraith are now Hero
- Fast Cavalry with Ethereal (yes!) that can inflict automatic S5 hits on unit that it moved through.
- Flying Monstrous Infantry that has Fly, Frenzy, and 3A.
Crypt Horrors (special)
- Monstrous Infantry unit with M6 S4 T5 I2 W3 A3, has Poisoned Attacks, Regeneration 5+, and Undead
Signature Spell is definitely Invocation of Nehek - on the most fundamental level it can restore "D6 + caster's Wizard level" of Wounds to friendly Undead unit within 6". Boosted version has 12" range, as well as 18" ones.
Other spells includes Raise Dead, Vanhel's Danse Macabre, Curse of Years, Gaze of Nagash, and Wind of Death
Lore attribute: When the spell from the Lore of the Vampires is succefully casted, the wizard or any undead models within 12" restores 1 wound.
I've tried to read the Wind of Death it spell, thats what I found
"wind of undead is a magical vortex that uses the small round template. Once the template is placed, the player then nominates the direction in with Wind of Death will move. To determines how many inches template moves roll the artilery dice and multiple the result by 3. Any unit beneath or passed by the template takes D6 S3 hits for each rank XXX of the unit with no armour save allowed. If a roll on the artilery dice is a misfire place the template on the caster and roll a scatter dice and D6. The template moves a number of inches equall on the roll on D6 in the direction indicated by the scatter dice. If hit is rolled use the small arrow on the Hit XXX (dice). In either XXXXXXXX - 4 words (most likely it says about next turns) the Wind of Death moves a number of inches determined by rolling an artillery dice, in a random direction determined by rolling a scatter dice. If a missfire is rolled in subsequent turns the Wint of Death (not sure) dissapears and is removed. The last sentance states that bigger template can be used on a roll of 21. "
feel free to fill the missing words cuz I have completly no idea and let me know what you think about spell itself. I think its great vs armies with a lot of models
Skeletons....should be A LOT cheaper.
(40 Skellies with Full Command for less than 240 points. )
Crypt Ghouls... definitely a bit more expensive.
Zombies... even cheaper than the current one.
Fell Bats... cheaper.
Corpse Cart.... almost the same (but goes Special)
Black Knights.... cheaper.
Spirit Host... cheaper as well.
Varghulf... remains the same.
Dire Wolf....should be exactly the same.